Happy Birthday Frasier!!
Hope You Enjoy Your 57th Birthday!!
Allen Kelsey Grammer (born February 21, 1955) is an American actor and comedian. He is most widely known for his two-decade portrayal of psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane on the sitcoms Cheers and Frasier. He has been nominated for fourteen Emmy Awards, including one for playing his character on three sitcoms, and has also worked as a television producer, director, writer, and as a voice artist. He is also known for his role as the voice of Sideshow Bob on the animated series The Simpsons. Grammer returned to U.S. television in his first dramatic role, as mayor of Chicago Tom Kane, the lead role in the Starz premium television series, Boss.
10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
About Kelsey Grammer
- Kelsey was nominated for 10 SAG Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series from 1995-2004 for Frasier, and won in 2000. From 1995-2002, he was also nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series.
- Kelsey won his first Golden Globe – Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy for Frasier in 1996.
- In the hit BBC-3 series Little Britain, the high school is called ‘Kelsey Grammer High’.
- Kelsey has starred in 3 different sit-coms with Ted Danson: Cheers, Frasier and Becker.
- Kelsey Grammer has starred with Patrick Stewart in three different productions:Frasier, X-Men 3 and Star Trek – The Next Generation.
- Kelsey has suffered a number of losses in his life. His brother was attacked and killed by a shark, his sister was murdered outside of a Red Lobster restaurant in Colorado Springs, and his father was murdered in the Virgin Islands.
- Kelsey says his favorite episode of Cheers was the one titled Dinner at Eightish.
- Kelsey has been married three times. He was married to Doreen Alderman, a dance instructor from 1982 to 1990. In 1992 he married Leigh-Anne Csuhany, a stripper, but divorced her one year later. In 1997 he married a former Playboy model, Camille Donatacci, she filed for divorce in 2010.[edit
- Kelsey stands at 6’1” (1,86 m) tall.
- Kelsey is the only actor to receive an Emmy nomination for playing the same character in three different shows (Two nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actor on Cheers, a nomination for Outstanding Guest Actor for his appearance as Dr. Frasier Crane on an episode of Wings, and Ten nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor on Frasier, four of which he won).
Kelsey Grammer’s Best Quotes
- Kelsey: I got fired when I was a dishwasher at Denny’s. That set me back a little bit. You don’t realize how important dishwashers are until you do the job.
- Kelsey: (joking that friend Woody Harrelson is too close to Matthew McConaughey)We’ve shared so fun times. I don’t see him so much now. He has a new boyfriend. I’m kind of upset about that.
- Kelsey: Life is supposed to get tough.
- Kelsey: So every human being on the planet can identify with the X-Men.
Hugs and Kisses