It’s Friday! It’s Friday! It’s Friday! It’s the day everyone in the working week looks forward to when you finally get to kick back, relax and enjoy a couple days off from the boring work, sleep, work routine. And what better way to spend part of the weekend checking out the latest comedies coming out today?
You’re in for a very special treat as today the UK finally sees the official release of the greatly anticipated new Muppets Movie starring Jason Segel and Amy Adams. And HOW EXCITING IS THAT???
Kermit the Frog: Guys, we can’t kidnap Jack Black. That’s illegal!
Fozzie Bear: What’s more illegal, Kermit: briefly inconveniencing Jack Black, or destroying the Muppets?
Kermit the Frog: Kidnapping Jack Black!
That’s right…The Muppets are back!! Woohoo!!
Walter is the world’s biggest Muppet fan. And I mean the absolute biggest. So when the opportunity comes along to head to LA to visit the Muppets Studios with his brother Gary (Jason Segel), and Gary’s girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams), Walter could not WAIT to go.
However they discover the evil plan by oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to destroy the Muppets Studios in order to dig for more oil. Walter then convinces Kermit the Frog to reunite the gang to stage a telethon to raise enough money to buy back the studios for themselves. But they don’t have long and have to hurry. Will they raise the money on time? Only one way to find out! 🙂
10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Muppets Movie
1. Disney’s “The Muppets” is the 7th feature film featuring the Muppets.
2. More than 120 Muppets appear in the film.
3. Hollywood Blvd. was shut down for two evenings to record the finale dance scene of the reprise of “Everything’s Great,” featuring 100 dancers.
4. A total of 12 different costumes were made for Miss Piggy—more costume changes than any other actor in the film.
5. The largest Muppet, Thog, stands over 9.5 feet tall and is 4 feet wide.
6. Choreographer Michael Rooney is the son of Mickey Rooney, who appears in the film in a cameo role. This is the first time the two have ever worked together on a film.
7. Miss Piggy had shoes made for her by Christian Louboutin and a dress by Zac Posen, which she wears in the finale scene.
8. Kermit had a suit made for him by Brooks Brothers for the scene where he walks through the streets of Paris with Miss Piggy.
9. Kermit’s mansion was filmed at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills.
10. Miss Piggy’s Vogue Paris office was filmed at the Pink Palace mansion in Bel Air.
Now go and see this fantastic film! Enjoy and Happy Friday! 🙂
Hugs and Kisses