Hi Boys and Girls!
It’s Thursday which means today is all about the TV Show of the Week that I’ve been watching…I know I’m playing catch up but my favourite TV show right now just has to be Weeds.
It’s an American comedy series created by Jenji Kohan (she used to write for Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Sex and the City) in association with Lionsgate Television. The central character is Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker), a widowed mother of two boys who sells marijuana to support her family after her husband dies suddenly of a heart attack.
I started watching it just a few days ago and OMG I am literally ADDICTED! What a brilliant concept and a fantastic series!
All the characters are likeable, have great depth, most have perfect comic timing, the dialogue is sharp and witty, the situations are realistic…and most of all…when you finish one episode you HAVE to watch the next one as you’re dying to find out what happens next!
It is simply addictive, and it keeps on getting better and better. Love it!
After debuting back in August 05, the show is now in its 8th season and has been showered with awards including an Emmy for Best Comedy Series.
5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Weeds
- The name of Nancy and Andy’s “fakery” is Breadsticks and Scones. The cap that bakery employees wear shortens the name of the bakery to “BS” as a joke.
- Many of the exterior shots of the show are filmed on location in and around the bedroom community of Stevenson Ranch, California and Santa Clarita, California.
- The aerial photo during the intro is of Calabasas, California.
- Due to product placement deals, Nancy often carries an “It’s a Grind Coffee House” beverage. A Starbucks in Calabasas, California, fills in for “It’s a Grind,” in the opening credits.
- The theme song “Little Boxes”, was sung and composed by Malvina Reynolds in 1962.
Who Are The Lead Characters?
Hugs and Kisses